hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Development release next week
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 05:49:23 GMT
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> To that end, I'm planning on branching trunk on Monday to try to go through
> some short stabilization testing for a dev release at the end of the week.

Sounds great.  Will be better being able to point at a sampler for the
new release at hadoop/hbase summit, something that will basically run,
something we cannot guarantee for trunk considering the big changes
coming in.

> I'm happy to do this as an internal branch at Cloudera, and just do a
> release for CDH, or I can do a branch on the Apache SVN and an official
> Apache release.

Should be an Apache release.  I'd like to help out on stabilization.

Good on you Todd,
St.Ack