hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Development release next week
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 23:57:32 GMT
Hey everyone,

As mentioned before, I'm hoping to have a development release we can talk up
at the Hadoop Summit at the end of this month.

To that end, I'm planning on branching trunk on Monday to try to go through
some short stabilization testing for a dev release at the end of the week.
I'm happy to do this as an internal branch at Cloudera, and just do a
release for CDH, or I can do a branch on the Apache SVN and an official
Apache release. Does anyone prefer one way or the other? Hopefully I will
branch from the state of trunk on Monday, but if that proves to be too
unstable I may rewind a week or two before the recent master changes, and
then cherry-pick some other fixes on top.

Note: this release is intended as a "technology preview" - we can get some
users trying out trunk on real clusters early so that we'll have an easier
time releasing when we think we're actually done. I plan on including a list
of known bugs and deficiencies - there's no chance we'll close out all the
blockers or finish the master rewrite, but I think the release will still be
valuable.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
-Todd