hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.5 Release Candidate 2 as hbase-0.20.5?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:07:42 GMT
Every release we ship has bugs, some known, most unknown.  I have
previously argued against perfectionism in our releases (perfect is
the enemy of good), since if a bug isn't so bad and is in a previous
release, then maybe we shouldn't hold up a release which has lots of
other important fixes.  The focus is on keeping forward momentum and
preventing regressions.  I think people might generally appreciate
more but smaller releases with fewer fixes (eg: 0.20.5 has about 18
fixes which seems pretty good, not too high not too low).