hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Development release next week
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 06:16:37 GMT
I tried to do some cluster testing of trunk this afternoon/tonight and ran
into several issues that blocked my ability to get up and running.
Particularly, HBASE-2758, plus the inability to disable a table (forget the
JIRA number, but it's up there)

So, unless I hear any big -1s, I think it's best to revert the recent master
changes for this dev release branch this week. There's still plenty of new
stuff for users to try out, and I think the new master stuff is a bit too
unstable yet for users to try. Let's do another dev release in a couple
weeks once the new master stuff is more fully baked, and use this one to
suss out bugs in all the other new stuff.

Again, a reminder that we don't plan to support this branch post-release -
it's just a preview for  users, so I don't think doing a release without the
new master stuff is going to take steam out of continued fixup of these bugs
in trunk proper.

Sound good by everyone?

-Todd