hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release development release HBase 0.89.20100621 rc1
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:48:42 GMT
I tried it on 1 machine with a RS configured with 500MB heap and it
was holding fine. Also tried with 5GB, in both cases I was very
impressed with the import speed (peaking at 90k/sec on 1 RS but lots
of pauses due to full memstores).

But then I tried doing a randomRead test with 10 clients... I got only
max 200 req/sec and it was driving my system's load to 12 (almost
exclusively IO wait). Looking at the jstacks of both RS and DN, the
threads are all waiting in the selectors. I don't remember seeing this
with 0.20.5 on the same machine.

Still, since this is a dev release, I'm +1

J-D