hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Working towards a dev release
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:58:06 GMT
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Dhruba Borthakur <dhruba@gmail.com> wrote:

> This also means that we should target a Hadoop release from the
> branch-0.20-append, isn't it?

Probably, though I'm still a little confused as to who will be testing that
branch. I plan on concentrating my testing on top of CDH3b2, and I imagine
you guys are testing based on your internal branch. So we can certainly do
an append branch release, but I think we'll have to count on community
testing a bit more.

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > Dates look good to me.
> >
> > There are too many open issues currently filed against
> > http://su.pr/698kib  If fellas have a moment, take a look.  See what
> > can be purged (Are there any we should pull in that are not currently
> > in the list?)  Adopt those you think you'll be able to work on.  Looks
> > like a few have wrong priority; e.g. master rewrite is major true, but
> > probably should be a blocker.

I took a swing through some of the blockers to try to triage some down.
While we have a ton of open issues, we should try to close out the real show
stoppers first. So long as trunk works generally as well as 0.20.5 I think
we'll be able to get some users trying out a dev release by offering the
durability carrot (plus the few big new features we've already got done)

-Todd