hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.5 Release Candidate 5 as hbase-0.20.5?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:24:28 GMT
The issue has something to do with having -ROOT- and .META. on the
same server which is a rare event given that the assignment function
will only do this if if finds the cluster is made of one server only
(On ec2, where the issue was found, using our ec2 scripts, this is a
more likely given how there can be a lag as servers come in after
master startup).

I have been trying to reproduce and have not been having much luck.
I'm sure there is something in here and with more time, we'll narrow
in on the trigger but my thought, after talking with Andrew offline,
is to change his -1 to a +0, that this should not sink the current
release candidate, and that he we'll get it next time around in
0.20.6.

St.Ack