hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject Feature branch for master rewrite
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 00:17:17 GMT
Hey guys,

So it's been a clunky and slow-moving process with HBASE-2694 and related JIRAs.

The most recent HBASE-2697 patch is supposed to be non-controversial but is in fact controversial
because there's really not much context to the changes.

Instead of trying to make smallish patches that are each individually reviewable, the consensus
is that we should make a feature branch so that our ideas can be seen through but still in
a public forum.  In the end we'll end up with a branch which can be independently tested,
a series of patches that got us here, and incremental (but non-blocking) reviews along the
way.

Unless there is major opposition I'm going to cut the branch tonight.

JG