hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Development release next week
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 01:10:38 GMT
So then is the plan to branch and then cherry-pick fixes until the first release of it?

Following the release, would we continue to cherry-pick bug fixes and possibly have a second
dev release?

I'm thinking cutting a branch soon and cherry-picking fixes between now and the summit might
make sense.  But then we should not separately support that release (as in, if bugs are found
that are no longer relevant or are implemented differently at the tip of trunk, we don't fix
them in the branch, only in trunk).  I think there's a decent chance of this because of some
remaining largish changes going in.

A follow-up dev release would still be possible but should be a re-cut off a fresher trunk
with more goodness in it rather than a patched version of the first dev release.

JG