hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Salami <patrick.sal...@temboo.com>
Subject [EC2] connecting to hbase from outside
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:22:59 GMT
Hi all,

I just ran into the following issue:

I have an hbase cluster running in EC2 that was launched with the 0.20.4 EC2 launch scripts.
I'd like to connect to that cluster using an hbase client running locally (outside of EC2).
I pulled down my hbase-site.xml file from the master, which references the internal hostnames
of the master and zookeeper nodes. I changed those to the public hostnames.
When running my client, it connects to the zk node without any problem; however, the zk node
only knows about the internal hostnames of the region servers (IPs in the 10.193.x.x range).
Needless to say, I can't connect to the region servers at their 10.193 addresses from my local
machine, so my client doesn't work.

Does anyone know if there is a configuration flag I can set somewhere to get the public hostnames
out of zookeeper instead of the private ones?

Best,

Patrick Salami - Senior Software Engineer
[ p. (858) 449-2241 e. patrick.salami@temboo.com ]
Temboo Inc - 6935 West Bernardo Dr - San Diego, CA 92127

www.temboo.com