hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HColumnDescriptor --> HFamilyDescriptor name change?
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 02:14:32 GMT
We could do that.  In some master rewrite sketching that I was doing a
while back I'd renamed it ColumnFamilySchema.

We can change stuff as long as it self-migrates; i.e. somehow if we're
passed a HColumnDescriptor, we do the runtime convertion to make it an
HFD.  The latter can usually be done but usually involves a little

HTableDescriptor should be come TableSchema?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher <hammer@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> How gnarly would it be to change the name of HColumnDescriptor in trunk?
> It's a misleading name, and with more APIs changing in trunk, now might be a
> good time to change it up.
> Later,
> Jeff

View raw message