hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Review board for all/most JIRAs patches
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 22:56:42 GMT
Hi all,

To make the life of reviewers easier, as well as improving review turn
around time, we are requesting all contributors (committers and
otherwise) to submit patches to http://review.hbase.org/ in addition
to attaching them to JIRAs.  Review board has a nice API which allows
people to review diffs without downloading a patch and applying it,
and it is source code aware and will allow a reviewer to expand the
context.  It works with both SVN diffs and GIT diffs for those who use
one or the other (or both) to develop their diffs.  (I have to
recommend git - it makes rebasing and keeping a patch current much
easier, especially with the latest trunk turmoil).

If the patch is more than 2 files, please make everyone's life easier
by review boarding it!

I'm checking to see if it is possible to have reviewboard's email
cause JIRA comments.  Hopefully it will and then we will have a full
record and a better UI.

-ryan