hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Adding new dependencies to HBase trunk
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 08:47:24 GMT
Hey,

I'm a total Maven n00b, and I'm trying to add Avro's latest release as a
dependency for HBase as part of HBASE-2400. I've opened up the top-level
pom.xml, added the <dependency> information for Avro, and tried to run mvn
-DskipTests install. The compilation fails, since some of my new files use
Avro classes, and for some reason the Avro jar is not downloaded (it does
not show up in ~/.m2/repository/...).

You can see the precise change I made to pom.xml at
http://github.com/hammer/hbase-trunk-with-avro/commit/92c0e08b52cc9b41f28d26cb571ac1511f457c76#diff-9
.

Could anyone with more Maven knowledge help me debug this build issue, or at
least give me some pointers on where to look?

Thanks,
Jeff