hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jersey (stargate dependency) is insane!
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 21:30:17 GMT
It's not possible to use less of Jersey.

I'm all for changes that make sense, like switching JSON libraries due to licensing issues.
However, a JAX-RS framework is like an NIO framework -- the service code may be structured
similarly but there are substantial functional and semantic differences between them.

We chose Jersey because it was the reference JAX-RS framework and something that would "just
work". I would not stand in the way of a port to another framework but have no plans (or available
time) to contemplate such a large undertaking at this time.

   - Andy