hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Version number of next release
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 17:48:52 GMT
> The current name for this release is 0.21. I think this is going to cause user confusion
due to the previous "lockstep versioning" that HBase has had with regard to Hadoop. I think
many people will assume they need to use Hadoop 0.21 (being billed as an unstable release
at least for 0.21.0) and generally not quite understand why our version number is the same
if we have no tie to the Hadoop version. So, I am generally -1 on calling this next HBase
release 0.21.0.

I think there is going to be some level of confusion no matter what and calling our next as-proposed
unstable release series 0.21 makes sense to me at least.

   - Andy