hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:37:13 GMT
My testing shows it's good (did some extreme PEs and ran unit tests),
although I have some nits WRT documentation.

 - The doc index.html page isn't listing all the new pages that are on
the left, it looks weird.
 - The client package and HTable javadoc are outdated/slightly wrt row
locks since 2248. Here's what Ryan told me after discussing with him:

I dislike the term "respect row lock"  its the wrong model here
Only puts, deletes, check and put, and icv take out row locks now
Gets and scans will return data as fresh and possibly fresher than
when they began and neither will ever return half written data

J-D