hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: 0.20.4RC1? (WAS -> Re: Vote on 0.20.3.1)
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 06:13:09 GMT
I'm cool with an rc, but what is our timeline for testing? Given we just
committed 2248, which is a pretty huge change, I think we should let it soak
for developers for at least a week or so before moving from rc to release?

-Todd

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Unless objection, I was going to put up a 0.20.4 Release Candidate 1
> made from the tip of the 0.20_pre_durability branch tomorrow.
>
> Andrew, I was thinking you could level your ec2 guns at the RC or,
> would you rather me wait and let you go at the tip of the branch
> first?  Just say.
>
> Anything else we need to get in before I cut the candidate?
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like this. With no durability goal, we should be able to hit this in
> > short order.  HDFS is not ready for the claim as of yet.
> >
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> >> I went through the list issues that we had filed against a 0.20.4.  I
> >> moved out the issues that depend on hdfs-200, post rpc-version change,
> >> etc.  Outstanding are ~15 issues: http://su.pr/1TLvb7  A good few are
> >> patch available.  A couple of others are small doc issues.  I'll take
> >> care of the easy ones this evening.   Please go over the list
> >> yourselves to see what else we should include.  As is, the list
> >> includes hbase-2248.  I think we should try and get this one in if
> >> only to make the release a little interesting (and to fix the
> >> deadlock).  We also need to fix the json jar issue so we have chance
> >> of being debian package.
> >>
> >> St.Ack
> >> P.S. I haven't voted yet.  At the moment I'm +0.  If hbase-2248 goes
> >> in, I'd go +1.
> >>
> >> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >>> Implied is we move people to 0.20.5 rather than do a patch on 0.20.4,
> beyond the RC period.
> >>>
> >>> Hence it's even more important that J-D cherry pick bugfixes out of
> 0.20.4-dev for an 0.20.4 RC and release.
> >>>
> >>> Is that acceptable?
> >>>
> >>>   - Andy
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
> >>>> Subject: Re: Vote on 0.20.3.1
> >>>> To: "hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
> >>>> Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 3:35 PM
> >>>> > From: Jonathan Gray
> >>>> >
> >>>> > The issue would be that we break out 0.20.4 to make an
> >>>> RC.
> >>>> > Now we have to patch 3 separate trees for each bug fix
> >>>> (0.20.4,
> >>>> > 0.20.5, and 0.21).
> >>>>
> >>>> Ok, I grant you that. But only during the RC.
> >>>>
> >>>>    - Andy
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
>



-- 
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message