hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX bean registrations for Master & RegionServers
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:31:26 GMT
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:

> However a clean unpack is working in non-distributed mode.  My other copy I
> had been working on had a config like this:
>
> <configuration>
>  <property>
>    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>    <value>file:///tmp/hbase-${user.name}/hbase</value>
>  </property>
>  <property>
>    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
>    <value>true</value>
>  </property>
>  <property>
>    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
>    <value>localhost</value>
>  </property>
> </configuration>

Hmm, that is strange.  I just tried a clean unpacking with this config file
and both the RegionServerStatistics and RPCStatistics beans were showing up
for me in jconsole.

Any further clues as to what might be happening, or does it seem to be
working now?  What do your conf/hbase-env.sh and
conf/hadoop-metrics.properties files look like?

Thanks,
Gary