hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Hackathon agenda
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:28:49 GMT
The Hackathon is basically agenda-less, but I'd like to propose a general topic of discussion
we should cover while we are all in the room together:

- For HBASE-1964 (HBASE-2183, HBASE-2461, and related): injecting and/or mocking exceptions
thrown up from DFSClient. I think we want a toolkit for that. Could be incorporated into the
unit testing framework. Should be possible to swap out a jar or something and make it active
running on a real cluster with real load. Should be possible to inject random exceptions with
adjustable probability. So what does HDFS have already? What do we need? If we're adding something,
does it make sense to put it into HBase or contribute to HDFS? I think the latter.

Let's gather a list of other topics, if any, that hackathon participants want to see covered
so we can make sure it will happen.

   - Andy