hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote on 0.20.3.1
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:38:31 GMT
> From: Ryan Rawson
> What happens if we need to patch 0.20.4?

All fixes for 0.20.4 would go in 0.20.5-dev as is typically done unless its an exceptional
circumstance.

> And make a new release based on 0.20.4 but in 2 weeks but
> not before the 0.20 branch is ready?
> 
> How can we guarantee that this won't happen?

We can't.

So here's the deal:

- We don't want to wait for 0.20.X + HDFS-200 because that will take too long.

- Current 0.20.4-dev has blockers due to recent changes that J-D has volunteered to cherry
pick out so we can get a clean release now.

Good enough all things considered?

I think so.

   - Andy




      


Mime
View raw message