hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 06:17:11 GMT
On 0.20 head, the indexed contrib tests fail intermittently -- a test deadlocks and/or fails
to terminate, leading to a direct test failure or the failure of the next to initialize. I
thought this might be HBASE-2322. Likelihood of failure depends on which server I run the
test, definitely a race.

Somewhere in the change set between 0.20_pre_durability and 0.20 branch head is a difference
that allows the tests to pass. (If it were a consistent failure I could easily git bisect
to find the commit.) If I stitch 0.20 branch together leaving out group commit and other write
path changes also I can seemingly avoid the problem.

The patch on HBASE-2248 trips up against indexed contrib in a different way.

But I wonder if it is the test or even the contrib.

   - Andy