hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase move to Apache Top Level Project
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:02:41 GMT
I would declare 1.0 after:

  - Data durability guarantees (0.20.5 post)

  - Master rewrite (0.21 post)
      - No more region state transition holes
      - No more double assignments (use ZK to assure against)
      - Distributed log splitting

  - Tighten up splits and compactions, and failure handling of same

There may be other good things to put on the roadmap to part of a 1.0, but to my mind the
above are the essentials. Basically, insure that HDFS cannot lose our data. Then, insure also
that we then don't go do dumb things like leave regions in some unusable state after a failed
compaction or split, or double assign and clobber something, etc.

Andy