hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: JMX bean registrations for Master & RegionServers
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:18:51 GMT

On 09/04/2010, at 9:23 PM, Gary Helmling wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> For the master process, you should see 2 MBeans registered (assuming
> distributed setup with default ports):
>
> hadoop:name=MasterStatistics,service=Master
> hadoop:name=RPCStatistics-60000,service=HBase
>
> The first is master-specific metrics (just cluster request count I think?).
> The second is a common RPCStatistics MBean for the master's RPC calls.  The
> RPCStatistics MBean will include whatever port is used in the name.
>
> For a regionserver, you should see:
>
> hadoop:name=RegionServerStatistics,service=RegionServer
> hadoop:name=RPCStatistics-60020,service=HBase

ok, well under my local simple testing (sort of straight out of the box unpacking, not distributed),
the RegionServer does _not_ export that RegionServerStatistics which is interesting.  If it
did, that would be enough to differentiate it.  Right now, in simple mode, the RS only exports
the RPCStatistics. (this is for hbase-0.20.3)

Let me dig further, thanks.

thanks,

Paul