hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote on 0.20.3.1
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:22:12 GMT
I think J-D is doing the right thing here.

We all agreed to work on and commit some changes which produce more than an incremental release,
something in between a fork and an incremental release if I can be a little cute about it.
We are walking back a little from that now that a release vetted on (an also vetted) HDFS-200
is a month or two away, so we can get something out the door now that fixes the warts in 0.20.3.

I would personally prefer a 0.20.4 release that does not depend on having the patched version
of Hadoop jars included, since Hadoop 0.20.2 does not have 200 or 826, and our next release
will target it.