hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] HBase as Apache top-level project?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:14:08 GMT
> From: Jonathan Gray <jgray@facebook.com>
[...]
> I think being a TLP is good because it gives us autonomy,
> more visibility, and some kind of external validation from
> Apache that HBase has risen to that level (which I believe
> it has).  I see the risks as not too serious.
[...]

I want to second this point of view. I'm not sure about visibility (might actually decrease)
but certainly autonomy and validation. HBase is useful in its own right, not just as an appendage
on the Hadoop stack (though has dependencies on it, and strong architectural affinity for
it, etc.)

   - Andy