hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Ignore deprecations during Maven compile
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 01:02:26 GMT

it's.. like.. really tiny, an even smaller patch is just 'open pom.xml, go to line 258, change
true to false, save, git commit, git push'

On 23/03/2010, at 11:51 AM, Ryan Rawson wrote:

> Sounds good to me, I was having a hard time tracking down a real
> compile error because of these warning were looking like errors.
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to propose tweaking the Maven compiler plugin definition to ignore deprecations.
 firstly, during a Maven build, the deprecation output is totally ignored by everyone I'm
sure, and IDE's do a much better job of tracking these anyway, so the value to the output
is just not there.

>> Secondly when one has this many deprecation warnings it's actually _hiding_ any compiler
errors.  I was in a conversation with 'adragomir' on IRC last night (my time) and he was bitten
by this, because the ERROR level stuff is done first, but quickly scrolls off the screen and
becomes hidden.

>> If there's general agreement here, I'll raise a JIRA ticket and provide a tiny-weeny
patch to do it, or if you guys want to just do it yourself go right ahead too.