hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject connection.isMasterRunning()
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:01:10 GMT
Hi,
While going over TableServers.isMasterRunning() in HConnectionManager, I see
this:
    public boolean isMasterRunning() {
      if (this.master == null) {
        try {
          getMaster();

        } catch (MasterNotRunningException e) {
          return false;
        }
      }
      return true;
    }
When isMasterRunning() is called the first time, if master is obtained
successfully, master field would contain reference to HMasterInterface.
Subsequent calls to isMasterRunning() wouldn't throw
MasterNotRunningException even if master server stops responding to clients.

I think master.isMasterRunning() should be called if master isn't null.

Regards