hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Stargate War - jetty.xml and dependencies
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:03:10 GMT
Over on HBASE-2099 I'm making good progress with a potential Mavenization of the Hbase ecosystem
(feel free to join in the discussion).

Just a question about the contrib/stargate module.  As I read it, it's designed to be both
a standalone WAR _and_ JAR artifact?  Is that correct? I can do that (probably not without
a directory move), but I'm scratching my head to work out what the conf/jetty.xml is used
for, because it doesn't appear in the ivy generated 'binary' output (maybe it's just missing).

If someone could comment on where the jetty.xml should end up in a stargate binary (and indeed,
where it should appear in a general hbase binary tar ball) I would appreciate it.    I'm guessing
it's designed to be used with Jetty to kickstart a simple app server, and assume that the
generated stargate WAR is supposed to live somewhere relative (ie. 'webapps') to be launched
under the /api/ context.

Any knowledgeable folk able to comment on how this gets used?

cheers,

Paul