hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Stargate War - jetty.xml and dependencies
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 01:46:12 GMT

On 10/02/2010, at 4:31 AM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> Forgot to mention that a layout like this:
>

>   hbase/
>      contrib/
>       stargate/
>         src/
>           embedded/
>           main/
>           servlet/
>
> would only be for 0.20.4, assuming we have one. In 0.21, Stargate is
> getting merged back into core.
>
> So this is why I haven't done something like the above. Is it worth
> the time?

oh.  pardon my ignorance, when is 0.21 targetted then?  I'm just basing my plans off trunk
at the moment, and stargate is still showing as a contrib module?  Is there a different branch
I should be looking at ? Or is it just planning stage?  maybe I should not concentrate much
effort in stargate until the merge into core.

if stargate has (or will) been moved to the core, this will probably simplify things anyway.
 If we still wish to have a standalone packaged WAR file, we can still do that, it could sit
as a top-level hbase module, depend on hbase-core (which now contains stargate) and just package
up the web.xml that is needed.  A separate standalone sh-launched-jetty appassembler bundle
is also easily doable too as an extension to that.

so, in directory speak, something like:

hbase/
  core
  stargate/
      servlet (or something like that)
      standalone
  contrib/
      ec2
      transaction
      ...etc...

'embedded' would not be needed, because hbase-core would just contain the stuff you need (if
I'm reading what you're saying correctly).

thanks muchly for the response!

Paul