hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: quick question on Maven
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 05:59:20 GMT

On 25/02/2010, at 4:28 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone familiar with Maven can help me out. Should be quick to answer --
>
> How do I run tests only for the Stargate contrib? If I recurse and do 'mvn test' in contrib/stargate,
Maven tries to pull HBase dev/snapshot artifacts. If I run from the top level, I have to wait
for core tests to complete and I don't see how to specify a subproject or module on the mvn
command line.

I would do this:

1) from the top-level:

mvn -DskipTests clean install

this will package and install into your local repo the hbase-core bits you need (but skip
the tests)

2)
cd contrib/stargate
mvn test

that really should work..  Because it'll find the latest hbase-core, and hbase-core-test artifacts
now in your local maven report (~/.m2/repository).