hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Smith (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (HBASE-2254) Improvements to the Maven POMs
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 03:11:27 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12837593#action_12837593

Paul Smith commented on HBASE-2254:

awesome work.

in core/pom.xml the test scope was removed for hadoop-mapred-test, not sure I understand why
that's removed, that'll mean that hbase-core will always need hadoop-mapred-test classes?

same goes for the other hadoop-*-test ones.. ?

One other suggestion is to have the maven-surefire-plugin default to forkMode:always, and
perhaps up the RAM a bit given what we've seen.

I like the includeBaseDirectory change, in fact I think that's the default anyway, but I was
matching the original hbase jar output, but I +1 on your change personally.

Once we're happy with the general structure of the tar ball, I think going through and defining
the transitive dependency scopes (optional etc) will help prune down the overall size.  Based
on your experience, you'll know whether a dependency declared downstream is needed anyway,
so just excluding them may be enough.

someone should go through the output of 'mvn dependency:tree' and tick or cross off what is
not needed.

thanks, awesome work.

> Improvements to the Maven POMs
> ------------------------------
>                 Key: HBASE-2254
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: build
>    Affects Versions: 0.21.0
>            Reporter: Lars Francke
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: hbase-2254-1.patch, HBASE-2254-2.patch, hbase-2254-3.patch, HBASE-2254-4.patch
> While the Maven build Paul Smith worked on works mostly wonderfully there are a few small
> * The version is set to 0.20.2-SNAPSHOT, I've changed it to 0.21.0-SNAPSHOT
> * I reformatted the poms to make them more readable. This is a file that'll unfortunately
be edited by humans so I hope these "whitespace only" changes are acceptable
> * I've introduced the sourceEncoding property to be used instead of the encoding parameters
for the compiler plugins
> * I've changed the plugins section in the main pom to a pluginManagement section and
defined the plugin versions
> * I've fixed a type in the compiler plugin  showDeprecations -> showDeprecation
> I'll continue to go over it but perhaps it already helps.
> I've done a mvn clean assembly:assembly build and everything seems to work.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message