hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Stargate War - jetty.xml and dependencies
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 04:48:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:

> What I propose is then a directory structure change to stargate
>
> hbase/
>   contrib/
>        stargate/
>              web
>              service (or something)
>
> and move the WEB-INF related stuff into the 'web' area, and move the java side under
'service'.

Sounds good.

> that way we can have 2 artifacts produced, one a jar file (service), and one a war file
(web) automatically.

Can the web depend on the service?  The web would bundle under its lib
dir the service jar rather than include all stargate classes under
WEB-INF?  I think that'll work.

> There's also no reason we can't also have a 3rd artifact, say, 'standalone' that is a
bundled up version of jetty, with a Main class that just launches Jetty with the jetty.xml
(simple using the appassembler Maven plugin). Although the confusion from my newbie HBase
side is one AndrewP mentioned about running the stargate bit through the hbase daemons.sh
script.  I'm not really sure what that means, does that farm the stargate stuff out to all
datanodes or something?

No.  Run bin/hbase.  See how it emits usage.  See how one of the
options to bin/hbase is 'rest'.  When you do bin/hbase rest, it starts
up a jetty that has the stargate webapp in it.

Good stuff,
St.Ack