hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Stargate War - jetty.xml and dependencies
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 22:27:55 GMT
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:

> If someone could comment on where the jetty.xml should end up in a stargate binary (and
indeed, where it should appear in a general hbase binary tar ball) I would appreciate it.
   I'm guessing it's designed to be used with Jetty to kickstart a simple app server, and
assume that the generated stargate WAR is supposed to live somewhere relative (ie. 'webapps')
to be launched under the /api/ context.

WAR and JAR seems a bit odd.  If the JAR is for command-line tools,
can't you do "java -cp X.war Command" as you would "java -cp X.jar
Command"?

If WAR is the target, the jetty.xml is just a convenience for case
where the WAR is deployed on a jetty container?

It'd be grand if the WAR could be deployed to any container --
shouldn't be a tough target to achieve if not there already (I can
help w/ latter).

St.Ack