hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lars Francke (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (HBASE-2254) Improvements to the Maven POMs
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:44:27 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Lars Francke updated HBASE-2254:

    Attachment: hbase2254.sh

* Removed the dependency from HDFS 0.22 - I assume this was by accident or do we really need
* Included all developers from http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/credits.html. I also included
organizations and emails for those
** I took the email adresses from the JIRA accounts, don't know if it is a good idea to include
the addresses
** I included the organizations - don't really know if these are still current
** maven also has the option for <contributors> but I think that'd be overkill
* Added a link to hudson
* Added links to the mailing lists
* Reformatted the stargate pom
* Removed unnecessary configuration options for the javadoc plugin, added the processing of
doc-files directories

I also attached a script that does the necessary cleanups and moves in Subversion. If you
decide to keep the ant and ivy scripts for now you can just comment out that part.

> Improvements to the Maven POMs
> ------------------------------
>                 Key: HBASE-2254
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: build
>    Affects Versions: 0.21.0
>            Reporter: Lars Francke
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: hbase-2254-1.patch, HBASE-2254-2.patch, hbase-2254-3.patch, HBASE-2254-4.patch,
HBASE-2254-5.patch, hbase2254.sh
> While the Maven build Paul Smith worked on works mostly wonderfully there are a few small
> * The version is set to 0.20.2-SNAPSHOT, I've changed it to 0.21.0-SNAPSHOT
> * I reformatted the poms to make them more readable. This is a file that'll unfortunately
be edited by humans so I hope these "whitespace only" changes are acceptable
> * I've introduced the sourceEncoding property to be used instead of the encoding parameters
for the compiler plugins
> * I've changed the plugins section in the main pom to a pluginManagement section and
defined the plugin versions
> * I've fixed a type in the compiler plugin  showDeprecations -> showDeprecation
> I'll continue to go over it but perhaps it already helps.
> I've done a mvn clean assembly:assembly build and everything seems to work.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message