hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lars Francke (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (HBASE-2254) Improvements to the Maven POMs
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:57:28 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Lars Francke updated HBASE-2254:
--------------------------------

    Attachment: hbase-2254-3.patch

This new patch has these additional changes (in comparison to the -2 version)

* Comment about old slf4j version removed. A new one is pulled in for Thrift anyway.
* JRuby was commented out. It is needed for the shell.
* I updated JRuby to 1.4.0 which was released in last November (easy to undo if you don't
want to upgrade)
* Readded the assembly plugin to the main pom file
* Updated assembly plugin to 2.2-beta-5, Paul had a comment in there that it wouldn't download
for him but it works perfect from here so I'll assume it was a temporary glitch
* Added the replication contrib output to the final tar file
* Fixed the assembly descriptor XML, reformatted it a bit
* Once again include the base directory in the final tar file (so that when you use tar xvfz
it extracts into a hbase-x.xx.x directory
* Introduced a dependencyManagement section in the main POM for common dependencies, replaced
org.apache.hbase with ${project.groupId}
* Reworked the replication POM to use the dependencyManagement features

Just a heads up: The final tar size has gone up to about 80 MB because the dependencies are
duplicated for the stargate contrib at the moment. All this will probably have to be tuned
quite a bit. So this is once again not a final version. I'll keep on working on it tomorrow
if no one has done it until then.

> Improvements to the Maven POMs
> ------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-2254
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2254
>             Project: Hadoop HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: build
>    Affects Versions: 0.21.0
>            Reporter: Lars Francke
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: hbase-2254-1.patch, HBASE-2254-2.patch, hbase-2254-3.patch
>
>
> While the Maven build Paul Smith worked on works mostly wonderfully there are a few small
problems.
> * The version is set to 0.20.2-SNAPSHOT, I've changed it to 0.21.0-SNAPSHOT
> * I reformatted the poms to make them more readable. This is a file that'll unfortunately
be edited by humans so I hope these "whitespace only" changes are acceptable
> * I've introduced the sourceEncoding property to be used instead of the encoding parameters
for the compiler plugins
> * I've changed the plugins section in the main pom to a pluginManagement section and
defined the plugin versions
> * I've fixed a type in the compiler plugin  showDeprecations -> showDeprecation
> I'll continue to go over it but perhaps it already helps.
> I've done a mvn clean assembly:assembly build and everything seems to work.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message