hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Kay <kaykay.uni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Move contribs out of hbase?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 06:28:33 GMT
On 02/04/2010 06:32 PM, Stack wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Lars Francke<lars.francke@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I've just seen your comment on HBASE-1402. It'll be no problem to keep
>> the two different API versions in the core. I'll just use two
>> different package names and rewrite the ThriftServer to accept a
>> parameter to chose between the old and new API. We've already brought
>> up the old API to the new Thrift version so there shouldn't be
>> conflicts.
>>

> Excellent.
> St.Ack

While we are looking at refactoring this - there is a rudimentary lucene
indexer , available at - o.a.h.h.mapreduce.IndexTableMapper/Reducer that
goes through a given table and column names and creates an index. While
I can definitely how valuable this is- I do not see this as core to
hbase functionality but rather distracting. I can volunteer to move this
to github with appropriate documentation and artifacts published to mvn
central , but am curious to know the thoughts of the people and possible
stakeholders in this list to know the opinions.  Thanks.