hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Stargate War - jetty.xml and dependencies
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 02:05:38 GMT

On 09/02/2010, at 11:56 AM, Stack wrote:

> The WAR has everything under WEB-INF (class files, etc.).  The jar has
> it all at top-level.  It looks like a WAR can't be used as a JAR as I
> suggested in my previous mail so, yeah, stargate contrib would seem to
> have WAR and JAR targets (unless someone knows better).

What I propose is then a directory structure change to stargate

hbase/
   contrib/
        stargate/
              web
              service (or something)

and move the WEB-INF related stuff into the 'web' area, and move the java side under 'service'.

that way we can have 2 artifacts produced, one a jar file (service), and one a war file (web)
automatically.

There's also no reason we can't also have a 3rd artifact, say, 'standalone' that is a bundled
up version of jetty, with a Main class that just launches Jetty with the jetty.xml (simple
using the appassembler Maven plugin). Although the confusion from my newbie HBase side is
one AndrewP mentioned about running the stargate bit through the hbase daemons.sh script.
 I'm not really sure what that means, does that farm the stargate stuff out to all datanodes
or something?

cheers,

Paul