hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Herberts <mathias.herbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving to Maven (HBASE-2099)
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:48:22 GMT
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:10, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you mind elaborating more?  At the moment, most people do not
> build hbase, and the POM/jar/publishing thing is orthogonal - those
> who wish to build their own projects with ivy and/or ant are free to
> do so and not be impacted by our use of maven.

Sure,

I've had in the past several bad experiences with project using maven,
especially with inter project dependencies. I guess what Kay has been
saying about Hbase's build being pretty straight forward won't make
people bump into this kind of knigtmare.

As for the slowness I don't think it is due to Ivy per se, and from my
experience, neither maven nor Ivy show any really speed difference.

I withdraw my -1 and replace it with a 0.

Mathias