hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update of the Thrift library: New dependencies | regeneration of old API?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:12:58 GMT
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 23:05, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing to watch out for is the framed transport is not supported by
> all thrift implementations. As an example, php. So we want to not do
> anything that would restrict thrift access to Java only.

That's true. I've implemented this as command line options. The _new_
Thrift server now understands the following command line options:
- framed
- compact
- bind <ip address>
- port <port>

So everyone can customize as to the requirements they have. By default
the binary protocol is used on an unframed transport (same behavior as
the current ThriftServer).

> and the optional use of the framed transport and/or the binary protocol

That was meant to say "and/or the compact protocol".

Lars