hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject revert of HDFS-127? (was Re: Vote on hbase-0.20.3RC1)
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:05:50 GMT
Hi,

> Out of curiosity, since HDFS-127 was recently deemed harmful and
> reverted, will 0.20.3 still ship with patched version of Hadoop?

Do you have a reference for that?

> Do you still recommend that patch be applied when running Hbase?

We needed that patch so long running HBase processes could ride over
intermittent DFS problems. Otherwise, the stream would become
unusable as soon as the errors accumulate, like the issue discusses.

It may still be an important patch for HBase even though there is
some problem with it otherwise.

   - Andy