hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Move contribs out of hbase?
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 04:23:05 GMT
We use and need thrift. So count me in on that.

On Jan 30, 2010 8:18 PM, "Andrew Purtell" <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

I agree and think that's the definition of core. So the committers need to
agree either:

1) Someone steps up to concentrate on some area/former contrib no matter
  what the problem

  I will do this for the "Stargate" REST connector and the EC2 scripts
  (which should just go into bin/cloud/ I guess). I have already been
  doing this.

2) All committers agree to support something as needed.

  For me: Thrift connector, REST connector, EC2 scripts; no problem

  Not sure about IHBase or THBase. I think we would need to choose one or

I'd say we opt for #2 style agreement if someone does not feel comfortable
with the #1 style agreement, but in my opinion as long as a committer says
they will take care of something, that's good enough for me.

  - Andy