hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Williams <williams.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: Move contribs out of hbase?
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:18:05 GMT
?

> What do folks think?
> St.Ack

If you want to decouple contrib the question is how much of the user
base would not use a new version because they also use something from
contrib that isn't updated. We may find we can focus on updating a
subset and be alright. Likewise we should also ask if the lack of a
contrib would discourage new people from using hbase.

Providing an interface for contrib to code to is the ultimate solution.

Bruce

--

“Discovering...discovering...we will never cease discovering...
and the end of all our discovering will be