hbase-dev mailing list archives

From John Roberts <johnroberts...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hbase on 64-bit Windows 7: "hostname not provided"
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:25:13 GMT
Has anyone successfully run hbase on 64-bit Windows 7?  I was able to get hbase working on
Windows XP following these instructions:

http://highestpoint.biz/2009/10/installing-hbase-on-windows/

I followed the exact same instructions for a PC running 64-bit Windows 7 but when I run start-hbase.sh
I get this error:

": hostname nor servname provided, or not known"

On my Windows XP PC I get prompted twice for the password but on my Windows 7 PC I only get
prompted once and after that I get errors trying to run commands in hbase shell.

Does anyone know why I get the error about hostname not provided?

Thanks.

John