hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject i made this fix in my own code
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 07:49:54 GMT
https://gist.github.com/a0abf6092abf63d394c2

It is very very disturbing... basically cache delete code in the
client doesnt work at all.  I was relying on that code in my new
threaded-put implementation, but it wasnt working and my entire
enterprise was failing.

I have a kick ass patch I'll put up soon. I am seeing substantially
higher aggregate performance left and right. On a huge region count
table (1200), previously a single thread was lucky to get 2000
rows/sec (small rows).  Now I can do 16k rows/sec.  In a map reduce
situation performance is up there at like 300k ops/sec and stays high
with very few brownouts.

Previously I was having problems with cluster performance increasingly
frequently dipping to 0, but now with this multithreaded ability,
things are just groovy.  We survive a split even!

-ryan