hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:52:12 GMT
No immediate need, just wondered if that makes sense at all or is already
thought of. I guess the idea is that data cannot be read from the storage
directly. But then it is still unprotected on its way from the client to the
RS's - and adding SSL to RPC seems "crazy". I guess best is to let the
client encrypt the values before even hitting the API?