hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Latham <lat...@davelink.net>
Subject Re: Should we change the default value of hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries for 0.21?
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 01:08:11 GMT
I tend to think that by default, all edits should be synced.  Once a
HTable.put method returns, the client can count on that data not being
lost.  The client can then disableAutoFlush, adjust its write buffer and use
commit when it doesn't need every individual write flushed.  I am definitely
curious to hear the thoughts of the developers and other users however.
Just my 2 cents.

Dave