hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject running hbase client with a security manager activated causes security exceptions
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:14:04 GMT

A DataNucleus, HBase user posted this:

He is having trouble to run DataNucleus HBase in a JVM running with
security manager activated.

The permission required for the codebase is a SocketPermission,
however the HBase client api does not run in a privileged block.

To workaround we've added the doPrivileged block in DataNucleus, and
the user grants datanucleus-hbase jar the SocketPermission.

However, I think you should add these doPrivileged blocks to HBase
code. Could you please look at these, and let me know when it's
solved, so we can remove the doPrivileged blocks from DataNucleus

View raw message