hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject omnibus janitorial patch coming
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:41:18 GMT
An engineering group at Trend ran FindBugs (http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/) on the HBase
0.20.0 release and this static code analyis tool identified ~340 _potential_ issues. I was
given this report in a meeting and had a chance to skim some of the findings. Most are legit.
Many are Java class contract issues (equals, hashCode, etc.) which should be cleaned up as
janitorial work, some serialization contract issues, some dead code, and, more importantly,
some instances inconsistent synchronization and a few true logic bugs.

So I installed tonight the FindBugs plugin for Eclipse. It generates 404 findings for the
0.20 branch, and 344 findings for trunk.

I'm taking this opportunity to go through and make cleanups and fixes where warranted, also
addressing Eclipse warnings in the process.

   - Andy