hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 刘祥龙 <sallonch...@hotmail.com>
Subject questions about hbase tables operations
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:53:01 GMT
Hi, I want to make sure which tools can be used to query HBase tables, like HBase shell. Is
pig integrated with Hbase, so it can  support some query and other operations like create\write\append
to HBase tables.
I found PIG6(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-6) tried to solve similar problems,
but I don't know when this new feature and more similar features will be released in new version
of pig.

Also I want to be clear that how powerful of HBase shell. It seems that there are not many
operations, so if lots of data expected to store into HBase, does it can work effectively.
I am surveying on this problems. Does anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!

Best Wishes!

Liu Xianglong