hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <l...@worldlingo.com>
Subject Use Delete with write-buffer in HTable
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:36:19 GMT
Hi Guys,

Is there a reason why Delete's are not also put on the write buffer like
Put's and then flushed out. That way we get an implicit batch delete
(using the new batch delete calls internally, just like the batch put
does) and MR jobs that output Put or Delete are automatically using the
buffer for much better performance.

I recently had an MR with 18K deletes and since batch delete was not yet
available it crashed my job constantly because of the huge amount of RPC